Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Toy Shop - By Charlie

As I walk up the old, crumbled stairs I look up at the once grand toy store. Now covered in ripped up closing down sale posters.
As I
reach the top of the stairs, I notice some barrels of fireworks and some other toys starting to decay. I approach the top and eye up the big green doors, hoping that this will be over quickly. As I open the big green doors and steer inside. It’s dark and appears to be full of toys.

I hold my breath. Then step inside…


The first thing that strikes me is the spooky clown figures staring down at me from above, hanging on strings attached to the rotten roof. The store is filled with old, dusty wooden toys. It is nearly completely dark in the room with the only light creeping in through the cracks in the thick red curtains. I noticed that the store smells musty.

1 comment:

eva said...

I like the vocabulary you used in this story, Charlie e.g. the crumbling steps. You also have a couple of spelling errors e.g. steer (the wrong type of steer, it should be stare). I would like to know what happens though, does the story really end there?

LOVE EVA AND SAM!!! <3