Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hitch Hiker-Tom Walsh

I was on my annual Sunday drive in my week old Lotus slumping in my summer sun heated leather seat. My window half down on the dusty desert road feeling the cars joy as it screamed across the grainy tar. Suddenly I see a tall thin man’s silhouette rise in the distance, With a big thumb slightly bent sticking out of his body. I decided to pull over since I was in such good mood. He was smiling heavily with gray teeth and undernourished lips. His eyes were beady and hypnotizing. his clothes were baggy and soggy looking.

“ Were ya heading”
“Nowhere really”
“Will you pass Taupo on your way”
“Sure hop in”
And we were off the man jumps in the passengers seat were off cursing down the barren land.
“Your car is absolutely brilliant!” he expresses to me
Thats when I like him that little bit more.
A couple minuets later I ask were he’s from he says my mum’s stomach and he lets off a bellowing laugh and lay back in his seat. have a feeling he wont take me seriously so I just play along and have a good time with him until we reached the destination. I’ve never seen him in Taupo. I think I once saw him on the news for a bank robbery though.

No comments: