Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chilling water- By Becky

I sunk into the bleak and chilling water. The rope slicing my numb fingers as I clasped it tightly. The bitter salty air brushes my face as I brace myself for the ride. My lips are dry and cracked like the ground of the Sahara Desert. The sun lit up the sea’s glassy surface and the hills around me glowed.

I stared forward at the beastly boat the engine growled like a mad dog. It heaved me forward but I fought back, it was like an evil game of tug-a-war which I would never win. I stood up on top of the rippled water and glided along smoothly. My arms and back ached as I moved from side to side like like a sneaky slithery snake. I forgot everything as the wind smacked my face as if telling me to stop.

Suddenly I fell through the air, the water sucked me under and flew up my nose sending a rush of adrenaline through by body, I rose to the surface and relaxed. A huge smile crossed my face. I had water skied for the first time!

1 comment:

Megs Blog said...

Becky you used a good use of similes, Alliteration and describing words e.g My lips are dry and cracked like the ground of the Sahara Desert,sneaky slithery snake, chilling water and glassy.

Well done Becky!
From Kahlia and Meg