Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Hitch Hiker- By Gus

I was racing along gloriously on what seemed to be a long, endless road as if I was in the Salt Flats in Nevada. My 1960’s Rolls Royce engine was rattling loudly, but in a way that made me feel great. I was proud of her, big, round, silver rimmed wheels, main coat was a crimson red and she had a top speed of 160mph. I was lucky to have her and she was lucky to have me.

She seemed to have a life of her own, as she happily zoomed along on this glorious day. Her open roof allowed me to feel the wind in my hair, which was a fresh feeling. As I peered out the window, I saw a silhouetted figure standing on the side of the road, thumb in the air. I slowed and halted beside him.

A rough looking man with big, bulky arms glared at me. He was a short little fella, but he looked like he could flatten me in seconds.
“Where you off to?” He asked in a rough voice,
“Just taking my new ride out for a spin, hop in” I said cautiously, I didn’t really trust him, although I didn’t want to let him down. I mean, just imagine waiting on the side of the road in a place like this, where you don’t see cars for hours and hours.

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Really good! I found the descriptive words fascinating; eg, gloriously, zoomed, cautiously, and I loved the storyline. Keep up the good work!