Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Hitch Hiker - By Hazel

I sped down the familiar road, in my sparkling new Mini, stabbing my stiletto down harder on the pedal, as if I wasn’t going fast enough. I hadn’t been here for years. I tried to re-apply my make up, a good impression couldn’t hurt. I dropped my lip gloss into the footwell, it was probably the nerves. I ducked my head looking for the small bottle, my hand locked on it. As my head came up, I turned a blind corner and nearly collided with a hitch hiker. My heart stopped with surprise. Inevitably I had to give her a ride, seeing as I nearly killed her.

She was short, fat and filthy. Her tatty patched up overalls were probably denim underneath all that mud. Although she was short, she was fierce. A martial arts expert, quick and nimble. She smelled of manure, it burned my nose like acid. She looked less human than suckling pig. Entirely opposite from me, in my cashmere coat.

I couldn’t believe we were SISTERS!

By Hazel

No comments: