Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The haunted house-by Harry.H

I trudged slowly along the abandoned road looking for safety. I slowly approach a hairpin corner the gravel crunched underfoot. I look around for any thing, an abandoned shed or windmill by chance but it was very hard to see through the thick ghostly fog. I was starting to get really cold and then I saw a lantern or an oil lamp in the distance I thought I must have been dreaming but no! I definitely saw a flickering light in the darkness. As I approached the lantern it became more and more clear as the moonlight shone through the fog. I saw a rusted gate hanging on some ancient pillars with creepy gargoyles on the top the sort you saw on horror movies. I was definitely not sure what do, but then the moon revealed a dodgy hunted house in the distance, what now? I thought to myself...

4 comments:

Mr Eames said...

This is wicked Harry. Well done. Your writing is improving so rapidly.

Awesome scene setting and the use of sound Harry e.g. ‘ the gravel crunched underfoot’

This part really makes you want to read on -
‘as I approached the lantern it became more and more clear as the moonlight shone through the fog’

kieran r said...

We really like the sentence ‘I saw a rusted gate hanging on some ancient pillars with creepy gargoyles on the top the sort you saw on horror movies.’ this is a really good description, and it sets the scene really well. Good HUNTED house harry.

From Kieran and Bob/Robbie

David's Blog said...

great job harry it was excellent i liked "I slowly approach a hairpin corner the gravel crunched underfoot" it really feels like you are there

David

Photon's blog said...

great writing harry I like how You said About the gargoyles from horror movies