Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The House - By Henry

The house stood there in the early morning light, half obscured by fog, looking lost and alone. Most of the windows were smashed in or hanging off their hinges, making an eery ‘creak ... creak’ in the slight breeze whistling through the air.

Trembling with fear, I took a few shaky steps down the rough gravel path towards the house. I knew why I had to go there but I wasn’t sure I wanted to do it. I walked up the crumbling stone steps, my walking stick making a clacking noise against the ground.

I opened the rotting door, and screamed.

3 comments:

Mr Eames said...

I love your writing Henry.

‘The house stood there in the early morning light, half obscured by fog.’

What a great line and great imagery!

Well done

Dan131 said...

I really liked your writing. Saying ‘I knew why I had to go there but I wasn’t sure I wanted to do it’ adds real feeling to the story. You have an amazing talent for writing. ‘looking lost and alone’ is a great personification of the house. Well done!

Daniel

mackenzie said...

Great writing Henry I relly liked the line 'The house stood there in the early morning light, half obscured by fog, looking lost and alone.' I also like the fact that the man takes some shaky steps down the Path hthen you realise that he has a walking stick and is a old man

overall great writing Henry
well done

Mackenzie