Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wet, Windy Sailing - Harry Quinn

It was wet and cold as I sailed out to sea.
The birds seemed to be flying just above me.
The waves were rough, the sea spray strong, I knew what I was doing was very wrong.
I sailed on into the night, moving fast from the light.
My arms were eching from holding the rope tight.
My boat bounced around as we head out of sight.
I look overboard and I'm surprised to see a grey fin swimming close to me.
My heart does a shudder as I turn my rudder to head back to the bay, which looks so far away.
The wind whips up and pushes me through, the sea looks a horrible blue.
I see the land sparkling in the dull night light, and wish I was in my bed tucked up tight.
The fin speeds past, but leads the way right up into the bay.
I jump on out and leave my boat floating on the waves, I rush away from the bay leaving behind the frightful day.