Monday, October 25, 2010

Dreaming by Abby Barclay

Dreaming

While crouched by the sea side,
The wind whips through my hair.
Thy felt so peaceful so lost in thy thoughts,
In the distance the soft but beautiful songs of the birds,
I could feel myself flouting as if I was a cloud,
So I dear not move.

The wind was swirling around me,
Carrying the salt from the sea with it
Stinging my eyes as it flew past.
The crashing of the waves so soothing
I felt in a dream.

I felt at peace as the soft gold sand
Fell between my toes
As I picked up the shells around me
My heart filled with joy.
They were all so beautiful I just couldn’t let go.
All my thoughts were lost in my head.
I don’t know why but I felt so dead.

Oh, how I wish I could stay in this beautiful place,
But it’s just a dream, my eyes are closing with dread
As I watch the waves crash on the shore
I start to drift off and soon fall.

3 comments:

mykalas blog said...

I really like your poem,it is really cool for example the title of your poem really suits the actual poem this is from Tayla + Mykala + Claudia

ocdj9000 said...

Amazing, It gave me such a clear mental image. I also liked the use of old English e.g Thy felt so peaceful so lost in thy thoughts. I found the rhyming quite effective. a next step would be to say it in less words.

Tessa's Learning Log said...

Abby loving the poem it is so tasty YUM ! We really like your use of language like “ The wind whips through my hair “ and The crashing of the waves so soothing “ we love your poem maybe you could give us a few recipes of your successful poem.

By Mia and Tessa :)