Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jessica's Poem

A hot day in a small bay...

Waves gently roll upon the sand,
liking at my toes.
The pumas feels sharp-to-touch,
like the thorns upon a rose.

The birds ahead swoop and fly,
and let out squawks like a baby’s cry.
They sound as if they want to die,
but I know they’re just crazy,
as they fly by.

I hear the waves,
I see the sun,
I smell the bush,
I start to run,
I feel the rocks graze my knee,
I taste the water in the sea.

The big blue birds,
and the frisky, friendly fish,
make me feel enchanted,
like I could have any wish.

Now as I look out to the white wash waves,
that keep on growing day by day,
I think back to when the water was flat,
on that hot summers day,
in this small, small bay.

4 comments:

kieran r said...

I like the way your poem rhymes in some places, but not others.

kieran r said...

I also like the way that you have inncluded the senses

kieran

ocdj9000 said...

great use of rhyming it gives the poem flow, it also is well spit into stanzas, I like how you connected the start with the finish
great poem

Oscar

Harry's sweet blog!!! said...

I love it