Monday, October 18, 2010

The Batch

Escaping the wind.
My feet trotter onto the hot sand,
familiar scenery.
We finally reach land!
The water swims up to my ankles,
and greets me.
I let the waves carry me.
I can never see what you see.
Why can’t you come play?
Put all your electronics away.
I see beautiful glistening sand,
While the wind is whispering secrets in my ear.
Sea breezes take you away,
Snow white sea gulls,
Hunting for there pray.
Who cares if you’ve got sandy shoes.
Maybe some tender pipi’s on the b.b.q?
or pipping hot soup made just for you!
It’s getting late lets go to bed,
and hope that we can say...
That you’ll give waimarama another day.

1 comment:

VERITY said...

Fantabulous use of descriptive use of language such as 'Sea breezes take you away, Snow white sea gulls, Hunting for there pray'.

Well done on your poem
See you again Verity and Jamithy