Monday, August 18, 2008

SteamPunk Town - By Hugh

Focus on Setting / orientation

I feel comforted as I come through the hazy clouds, as smoke pumps out of my flying machine. The wind blows forcing dark smoke into my bare face. Distracting me from the spectacular views. I come slowly gliding down to Steampunk, on my search of a strong standing town. The gleam of the lighthouse reflecting off the water making me want to swim, but I know that that’s not what I came for.

Even as I know that the town is as gloomy as a dark bedroom on a lonesome winter’s night, I feel a sense of warmth.

The deathly smog coming through the yellow sky is making me fan the grotty air in front of me, just for a breath of fresh air. But I’ve seen worse where life has choked on thin air.

Hugh.C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Whatwonderful picturesque language you have used. I am nearly coughing and choking on the air myself. Actually, I live on a farm in SE Australia, so we always have wonderful fresh, clean air and open spaces. Keep up the writing, it is great.