Monday, August 18, 2008

The House

(focus on developing plot creating tension and building up interest)


The peeling paint on the gate scratches my hands as I push it open. The house looks like one big mound of bad luck, about to fall down into its own foundations. By this time I’ve reached the door. I reach my hand out to knock but pull it back as if the house is a vicious animal that hasn’t been fed in a long time. I have a second attempt to knock but after waiting 40 seconds I try the door knob. To my surprise the door swings open and throws me on the carpet. It slams shut, I go to check but all I can hear is the eerie sound of an organ playing. So quiet it could be in my mind.


By Billie Bishop-Ash

1 comment:

Private Girl said...

hey billy jean.
nice work!im impressed. i like the part at the end where you say it throws me on to the carpet.wonderful beginning.
thanks sam.g
p.s email me at suityness@gmail.com