Monday, August 18, 2008

The House -

By Rhy - (focus on developing plot creating tension and building up interest)

I walked through the dense bush, pushing small rotting trees out of my way. “Are we there yet?” Tim asked
“I don’t know” I replied, and then suddenly the bush track gave way. We slid down the hill stones and leaves rolling down under us. I stood up and right in front of us was an old rickety house it looked like it had been standing for a thousand years. “Shall we go inside?” asked Tim
“Ya” I answered. As we slowly walked over to the destroyed door, I tapped it, and then it slowly creaked open. As we took a step inside, the damp air was cold on my skin and the paint on the wall was rotting away. Under my feet was a puddle of murky slime. We walked up to the stairs to the sound of a thousand screams in my head all at one time. “GO AWAY!” I screamed
“Why?” Tim replied.
“The screams” I answered.
“What screams?” Tim asked again.
“Nothing, nothing” I said. We continued up the stairs. I blinked and saw shadows all around me. The peaceful sound of a clock ticked away tick, tock, tick, tock. I followed the sound of the clock, a rotting wooden door stood between me and some thing terrible. I pushed the door it didn’t move so I pushed harder it bust open I fell to the floor and looked up to see blood all up the walls and bodies of tortured souls the clock had stopped ticking Tim was gone and the shadows were coming.

By Rhys Feeney.

No comments: