Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hitchhiker

(Focus on character development)
“B-ring, b-ring, b-rrrrrring”. I decided to pull over as my cell phone rang fiercely. It was my brother, he’d had another accident, and I had to go to the hospital immediately. I was about to twist my key in the ignition when I heard a soft rapping on my car window. I wound it down. There was a girl with acid pink long bubblegum hair, a slim pointed face and deep blue eyes. “I hear you’re heading to the hospital” she said in a soft sugary voice. I noticed her bulging belly. She was wearing baggy army pants, and a thick fleece. She looked in her late teens, so I let her in. “nice car” she says looking around the inside of my comfy convertible. “Thanks, what are you doing on the highway?” I say.“I need to get to the hospital”, she says sadly.“So what is your name” I whisper in a curious voice. “My name is- is- Saffron Winter” she says unconvincingly.

By Sophie McElwain-Wilson

No comments: