Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WATER CYCLE NARRATIVE - By Sofija

I’m glideing through the lush greenery, close to the heart of the forest where Tane Mahuta, our King and gaurdian rests. I observe the blue curtain of velvet that flows down the rocky hills, sparkling and buzzing with life. The forest of Aoetearoa has always been a place of music and life. Rich with food and cover, a place for all animals.
From my treetops I take off and fly over the stream, fluttering the tail that earns me my name ,everything seems peacefull and harmonious. But all at once a hot sensation overcomes me, and I fall from the sky to be engulfed by the jaws of my most feared predator.

Yes that was me, the eel. I have just finished the greatest journy of my life and have not eaten in days. As I gracfully slide my cunning body through the slippery rocks, I finally feel at home. I have been traveling for years, looking for a place that will shelter me untill the time come where I must bear my kin. And know when I slide under the shelter of an overlooking ridge, watching te schools of fishes glide past. I feel closer to Tangi Roa, my gaurdian and King, then I have ever been.

by Sofija

1 comment:

TracyO said...

I love the images your writing creates in my head. Your thoughtful use of words help to create this image.
thanks for sharing